Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold is one of the more underrated threats to Washington homes and businesses, primarily because property owners fail to understand how destructive these organisms can be when they exist. Microbial colonies can continually spread and worsen in moist environments.
What Can Mold Do to Your Home?
Understanding the impact of mold on your property is an important consideration, as this organism can deteriorate hosting elements and create a volatile environment for restoration professionals and house occupants. Knowing where to expect this damage and the urgency of pursuing skilled remediation professionals helps to prevent widespread irreparable harm. SERVPRO helps with the following:
- Bathroom Mold Removal
- Basement Mold Remediation
- Attic Mold
- Mold Remediation
- Black Mold
- Mold Damage Repairs
How Does Mold Remediation Work?
Remediation is one of the most necessary to protect a property after mold exposure. Our specialists are AMRT-Certified through the IICRC, offering a range of tested approaches and knowledge of successful inhibiting products to improve remediation efficiency. While, ideally, surface cleaning is the preferred method of mold removal, more intricate and abrasive tactics like media blasting or sanding can be necessary.
Mold Damage Repairs
Damages from mold can often lead to a need for repairs and reconstruction. Remediation at its most direct level requires the full removal of infested materials like drywall to eliminate further spread and movement of spore activity. We can perform needed build-back services after the complete remediation and removal stage with a general contractor license.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (509) 972-6707
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Yakima?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (509) 972-6707
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Yakima is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local communities:
We are proud to serve our local communities: