Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold is one of the more underrated threats to Washington homes and businesses, primarily because property owners fail to understand how destructive these organisms can be when they exist. Microbial colonies can continually spread and worsen in moist environments.
What Can Mold Do to Your Home?
Understanding the impact of mold on your property is an important consideration, as this organism can deteriorate hosting elements and create a volatile environment for restoration professionals and house occupants. Knowing where to expect this damage and the urgency of pursuing skilled remediation professionals helps to prevent widespread irreparable harm. SERVPRO helps with the following:
- Bathroom Mold Removal
- Basement Mold Remediation
- Attic Mold
- Mold Remediation
- Black Mold
- Mold Damage Repairs
How Does Mold Remediation Work?
Remediation is one of the most necessary to protect a property after mold exposure. Our specialists are AMRT-Certified through the IICRC, offering a range of tested approaches and knowledge of successful inhibiting products to improve remediation efficiency. While, ideally, surface cleaning is the preferred method of mold removal, more intricate and abrasive tactics like media blasting or sanding can be necessary.
Mold Damage Repairs
Damages from mold can often lead to a need for repairs and reconstruction. Remediation at its most direct level requires the full removal of infested materials like drywall to eliminate further spread and movement of spore activity. We can perform needed build-back services after the complete remediation and removal stage with a general contractor license.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (509) 972-6707
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Yakima?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (509) 972-6707
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Yakima is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property.
If a catastrophic storm or event occurs, we can call upon the resources of a national network of over 2190 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: