Better Understanding Yakima Water Damage Recovery
SERVPRO's advanced drying equipment mitigates water damage in Yakima area properties. "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Cleans and Dries Water Damage
With hundreds of causes and triggers of water disasters in homes and businesses, ranging from broken appliances to burst pipes and flooding, these emergencies are the most common for restoration professionals to be dispatched to help. Our SERVPRO professionals recognize the urgency of these situations, making a prompt response critical in the embodiment of our motto. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Yakima is the Heart of Central Washington and the 11th largest city in the state. With a population nearing 100,000, the threats of various types of water damage occur frequently. Educated technicians on our roster have multiple accreditations to help in this restoration niche, including Water Restoration (WRT), Applied Structural Drying (ASD), and Microbial Remediation (AMRT.)
What Are Emergency Services?
A professional can take action before much of the restoration work begins, allowing a more streamlined cleaning and recovery of the house. Emergency services, as they are called, prioritize overcoming pressing issues in the residence that can lead to costlier or more time-consuming damage to the rest of the structure. This cleaning often precedes the in-depth inspection and assessment of the property to create a detailed restoration plan and estimation. Some emergency services can include:
- Content Relocation
- Water Removal
- Structural and Utility Repairs
- Controlled Demolition
- Mold Prevention
The Tools of Water Removal
The first type of water damage our responding team will likely encounter is standing water throughout the structure. Extraction involves a combination of pumps and vacuums, but the greatest versatility comes with submersible pumps and wet vacuums in our inventory.
How Can SERVPRO Thoroughly Dry?
To overcome water damage in its many forms throughout a structure, SERVPRO professionals must have an effective strategy to dry and clean impacted surfaces. This begins with tools like air movers positioned at 45-degree angles to the wet material to provide a wider effective zone of evaporation. Our IICRC-Certified professionals must also resolve trapped moisture, including drilling weep holes, using positive pressure systems, and employing drying mats on plank flooring.
The Main Principles of Complete Drying
When creating the ideal conditions for efficient and effective water damage drying, specific principles must be modified and routinely monitored to produce the fastest and most complete results. The three primary factors of drying include:
- Airflow – Air movers are the chief ingredient in the appropriate application of this drying principle. Using high-velocity blowers, these units promote steady airflow across moist surfaces to dry up surface water.
- Temperature – Manipulating the temperature of a room or impacted surfaces can change how effective and efficient drying can be. Warming a surface being dried causes the chemical evaporation process to occur faster. Similarly, increasing the room's temperature allows for a greater moisture volume possible in the environment.
- Humidity – Moisture in the environment can impact the drying process. High relative humidity slows evaporation, so it is necessary to implement dehumidification tools to regulate moisture.
Will Repairs Be Necessary?
Saturation and absorption are no friends to your home's building materials, and as water becomes trapped in drywall, flooring, and other construction elements, deterioration and degradation can result. Inspections and assessments determine the salvageability of impacted surfaces, and it is common for some repairs and reconstruction to be necessary. Our general contractor license ensures that when this action is needed, we have capable professionals available to produce results and limit overall restoration times.
Yakima water damage can become destructive and threatening to homes and businesses. With the experience of WRT-Certified technicians on our roster, you can count on SERVPRO of Yakima to help when disasters strike. Call us at (509) 972-6707.
Water Mitigation in Yakima Requires Experts
Dealing with water damage can sometimes be a process. Contact SERVPRO to assess the situation and formulate a custom water damage remediation plan.
Count on SERVPRO for Water Mitigation in Yakima
All types of water damage to homes pose severe risks and must be attended to quickly. In particular water damage cases, it takes only 48 hours for mold to start growing, making it essential to begin the remediation process as soon as possible.
Water damage mitigation in your Yakima home can stem any likely complications that could follow. Water damage mitigation is a quick process that SERVPRO uses to prevent losses that could otherwise have occurred if left unattended.
Using modern techniques and specialized equipment, our team can ensure that further damage to the property is minimized, thus reducing restoration costs. Our SERVPRO technicians can review the extent of the damage, then decide what action to take to reduce it. Such measures could include: -
- Stopping the spread of water in the property.
- Removing furniture and other items like electronics, flooring, and drywall that are at risk of being damaged.
- Ensuring the structural stability of the property.
- Disinfecting salvageable belongings.
- Draining water and drying the home.
SERVPRO’s water damage mitigation service involves completely removing water and moisture. Our technicians can use pumps to remove water from your property. The strength of pumps is stated in terms of volume and lift capacity. If the water in your home is over two inches deep, our team can remove it using a submersible pump with adequate volume capacity and lift capability. We can use air movers and dehumidifiers to dry out the property and remove moisture from the air.
The moisture meter is vital for determining if affected materials have returned to their normal moisture levels. After we complete the cleanup process, we can disinfect the affected structures and contents to kill or stop the spread of microbes. If drywall has sustained water damage, our remediation technicians can also make flood cuts in at least one of the rooms to determine if the water has ruined interior walls or if insulation and wiring are damaged. These cuts also help SERVPRO technicians to check if there is mold.
If you need residential water damage repair, call SERVPRO of Yakima today! Our 24-hour helpline is (509) 972-6707.
Deodorization Is an Essential Part of Yakima Water Damage Repair
Trust SERVPRO to restore your water damaged Yakima home
SERVPRO Is an Expert at Yakima Water Damage Repair
When persistent, water event-related odors haunt your Yakima residence, who can you call? While numerous local restoration services can be found online, relatively few are experts at eliminating foul smells. Some firms may have difficulty finding the source of these issues, while others may lack the necessary remediation tools or deodorants to complete the job effectively.
SERVPRO, with over fifty years of odor neutralization experience, is a Yakima water damage repair company uniquely equipped to deodorize even the most severely impacted homes successfully. After our skilled technicians locate ceiling leaks, repair any leaky or burst pipes, clean up basement flooding, and perform any other necessary emergency water damage services, they quickly get to work on ridding your residence of unwanted, leak-related smells.
SERVPRO experts accomplish this by:
- Professionally discarding irreparable, waterlogged contents and structural materials from interiors so that they do not develop odor-producing fungal growths
- Blocking or removing fungus-fouled, upholstered furnishings and then cleaning and treating them with powerful, deodorant-dispensing misting foggers and injection devices
- Thoroughly deodorizing ceilings and walls with ULV foggers and pump sprayers
- Using commercial-grade disinfectants and odor-neutralizing fogs to treat subflooring and both sides of carpeting
- Mopping concrete, hardwood, and other types of hard flooring with antimicrobials and odor eliminators
- Ensuring that water-impacted interior areas are entirely dried using the correct ratio of dehumidifiers to air movers, and smell-reducing pellets have effectively mitigated any lingering odors
Once all these measures have been taken, homeowners are often amazed to find their properties returned to their pre-event condition, with no unpleasant smells remaining.
So, if you are ever troubled by difficult-to-eliminate odors following water damage repair work, rest assured that your helpful neighbors at SERVPRO of Yakima can help. We are always ready to assist you, any time of the day or night, at (509) 972-6707.